The Current Mate is our playboating/rodeo style whitewater blade that has been designed in response to the demand from fellow whitewater and big ocean paddlers looking for a stiffer, more robust and responsive paddle, but didn’t want the trade-off of unnecessary additional weight.
That is why we have taken the same principals used in our touring line, keeping our designs simple and light-weight, with the Current Mate coming in at less than 100 grams heavier than the Wave Walker.
We have engineered a more rigid and durable blade structure to hold up to the high demands and abuse it has to face in the turbulent and rocky environments of rivers and exposed ocean shorelines.
- Wide, reinforced spline for a stiffer design
- Reinforced internal fiberglass layers for greater strength and durability
- Full internal Basalt reinforcement in Carbon Fiber blades for increased edge retention.
- Double the reinforcement at the tip with a blunted shape for added protection on rocks
- Unique shape with downward asymmetric trim and a wide power-face ensuring greater contact with the water when using an aggressive high-angle stroke.
- Ideal for all whitewater conditions – whether that be river running, play boating, creeking, or tidal surfing
- White fiberglass blades, black fiberglass shaft.
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- Fiberglass – 990 grams (35oz)
- Blade size—20cm x 47cm
*Fiberglass shaft shown.